Saturday, October 23, 2010

book cover

I chose this book cover because I think 21st century skills are the future. I thought it was an interesting concept to circle the word out of a dictionary which is almost an obsolete tool, Most people now days use the internet to look up words. Actual books are becoming thing of the past. In a way, I feel sad about that. There is something about curling up with a good book and the feel and smell of the pages that a computer just can't replace! (A little side note: I went and looked up obsolete in my dictionary to make sure it was spelled correctly! :))

The book cover on our 21st Century Book seems like it was chosen because it shows 2 children involved in doing something on the computer. They are so in to what they are doing that they did not even bother to look up when the picture was taken. How many children do not look at a camera when you are ready to take their picture? Usually they are ready with some sort of smile or performing some action! The future is in technology and we need to get on board if we do not want to be left behind the future generation!
Della Mader

No comments:

Post a Comment